Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Hope- As a teacher and a student.

I have one Practicum blocked left and I want to answer this question for my understanding "How would I help develop Language of my students ? Every activity, task, day work should have meaning in a classroom. I would provide clear goals for students to work towards and inform them of the learning strategies they can use. I would use multi-modal literacy in my classroom from Shrades (Drama) to digital videos ( stories, facts, history, art) etc. I would give students ideas a boost so they use own ideas to stay encouraged and see their projects to the end. They will be encouraged to present their thinking and learning in different ways that they are interested in.I will celebrate their accomplishments and let my students know why and how the information they just learned would help them. I will be a guide, a partner and a listener (I found this most useful in assessing the students thinking and understanding)

I love to teach and my teaching depends on my learning. My learning is successful when I practice and my practicums have showed that I am a good learner. I hope my future experiences make me a better teacher.

- by MKH

No comments:

Post a Comment